2″ x 3″ (2x3") Ultra Compact AC-DC Switching Power Supplies available in 60601-1 Medical, 60950-1 ITE, and 60335-1 Household with Class I and up to 60W output power
|Description||GTM43007-AWWVV-F, ITE / Medical Power Supply, 60601-1-4th Ed. , Open Frame/Internal, Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor, , Input Rating: 100-240V~, 50-60 Hz, Molex 26-60-4030 3 Position Header Pin 1: Line, Pin 2: Removed, PIN 3: Neutral, Output Rating: 60 Watts, Power rating with convection cooling (W) , 5-48V in 0.1V increments, Approvals: PSE; VCCI; CB 62368; ETL 62368; EAC; CCC; Book 60601; China RoHS; Class I; RoHS; Ukraine; WEEE; CE; CB 60601-1 2MOPP; CE; FCC; CB 60950; CB EN/IEC 60335-1; cETLus; cETLus ES60601; cETLus 60601-1 3rd; NEMKO EN/IEC 60335-1; S-Mark IEC/EN 60601-1 60950; Level V; WDaE; Fuse 60335; Fuse 60335;|
|CE EC-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0Oa000000K8gLUEAZ|
|CE EC-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0Oa000000K8gLUEAZ|
|CE EC-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|UKCA-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0Oa000000K8gLUEAZ|
|UKCA-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0Oa000000K8gLUEAZ|
|UKCA-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|Morocco SDoC Declaration||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/Morocco_SDoC_Declaration?id=a0Oa000000K8gLUEAZ|
|Conflict Minerals Declaration||https://www.globtek.com/pdf/conflict-minerals.pdf|
|Technology||Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor|
|Category||ITE / Medical Power Supply|
|Input Voltage Range (V)||100-240V~, 50-60 Hz|
|Max Input Current (A)||1.5A|
|Max Output Power Rating (W)||60|
|Output Voltage Range (V)||5-48|
|Size (mm)||76.2x50.8x23.6 for 5V-14V models, 76.2x50.8x22.5 for 15V-48V modelsTop Diagram i|
|Enclosure||Top Diagram is for 5V-14V models, Bottom Diagram is for 15V-48V models |
* (Final ordering #/Part No to be defined)
|Specifications||A) ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS:|
01. Input Voltage: Specified 90-264 Vac, Nameplate rated: 100-240Vac
02. Input Frequency: Specified 47-63 Hz, Nameplate rated 50-60Hz
03. Output Regulation: +/- 3% measured at the output connector
04. Line Voltage Regulation: +/- 0.5% maximum measured at full load
05. Output Ripple (Vp-p): 1% or 150 mV whichever is greater, measured at 20 MHz bandwidth with 0.1 uf ceramic capacitor in parallel with a low impedance 47 uf electrolytic capacitor connected 3” from the output connector .
06. Turn-ON/OFF: 5% maximum,1 mS typical recovery time for 25% step load
07. Turn-ON Delay: 3 Sec max
08. Hold-Up Time:8 mS typical @ nominal input voltage and full load
09. Inrush Current: 30A maximum @ 115 Vac input, 60A maximum @ 230 Vac input
10. Switching Frequency: 65 KHz typical
11. Efficiency: 87% @115Vac, 89% @ 230Vac typical at full load
12. No Load Power: < 300mW @ 230Vac
01. Overvoltage Protection: 110% to 130% of nominal output voltage, and less than 60Vdc
02. Short Circuit/Over-load: momentary short circuit protected, output will auto recover upon removal of short
03. Input Protection: Input line fusing and 300Vac MOV
01. Dielectric Withstand Voltage: 4000Vac / 5656Vdc from primary to secondary
02. Output Isolation Options: Class I or Class II
03. Earth Leakage Current: Does not exceed 300uA in NORMAL CONDITION and 1000uA in SINGLE FAULT CONDITION
04. Output Leakage Current: Does not exceed 75uA NC(Normal condition) 300uA SFC(single fault condition)
05. Means of Protection: 2 x MOPP
06. Compliant Standards: See listings at end of this drawing for specifics
EN 60601-1-2, 4th edition
Emissions, per EN 55032, EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-6-4, CISPR11 and CISPR22
Conducted Emissions: Class B, FCC Part 15, Class B
Radiated Emissions: Class B, FCC Part 15, Class B
Line Frequency Harmonics EN61000-3-2, Class A
Voltage Fluctuations/Flicker EN61000-3-3
Immunity, per EN 55024, EN 61000-6-1, EN 61000-6-2
Static Discharge Immunity EN61000-4-2, 10kV Contact Discharge, 20kV air discharge
Radiated RF Immunity EN61000-4-3, 10V/m 80-1000MHz, 3V/m 1-2.7GHz, 80% 1KHz AM.
EFT/Burst Immunity EN61000-4-4, 4kV/100kHz.
Line Surge Immunity EN61000-4-5, 2kV differential, 4kV common-mode
Conducted RF Immunity EN61000-4-6, 3Vrms, 80% 1KHz AM
Power Frequency Magnetic Field Immunity EN61000-4-8, 3A/m
Voltage Dip Immunity EN61000-4-11, Criteria
01. MTBF: 1,000,000 Hours @ 45°C ambient temperature, Full Load
02. Operating Temperature: -10°C to 45°C ambient temperature
03. Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity
04. Storage Temperature: -30°C to 80°C
05. Cooling: Convection
06: Elevation: 5000M
07. ROHS 2: Complies with EU 2011/65/EU and China SJ/T 11363-2006
F) MECHANICAL FORMAT
01. Type: Open Frame
02. Size: A suffix version, (2”x3”), 76.2 x 50.8 x 30.5 mm
03. Size: B suffix version, (2”x4”), 101.6 x 50.8 x 30.5 mm
04. Size: C suffix version, (3”x5”), 127.0 x 76.2 x 30.5 mm
G) SPECIAL OPTIONS
01. Custom Label Markings
02. Short term Output Surge Capability
03. Reduced Leakage Current versions
04. Tightened output voltage tolerance
05. Reduced output ripple level
06. High Rel PCB laminate with Plated through Holes for IPC610 Class 2 Compliance
07. Low Temperature operation, down to -40°C
08. Quasi Constant Current Output, for Lead-Acid Battery Charger Applications
09. Special Input or Output Connectors
10. Over-Temperature Protection, Latched Shut-Down
|Individual Box/Gift Box Size (mm)||95*65*35|
|Individual Box/Gift Box Color||White|
|Master Carton Size (mm)||442 x 330 x 275|
|Gross Weight (kg)||15.2|
|Label Width (mm)||25.0|
|Label Height (mm)||18.0|
|Description||Molex 26-60-4030 3 Position Header Pin 1: Line, Pin 2: Removed, PIN 3: Neutral|
Optional Input Wiring Kits are available:
|Popular Products (Stock items)|
An IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter converts input line voltage from the wall to a lower voltage, typically DC, which is used to operate and end use piece of medical equipment. IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade power supply AC adapters are typically housed in a plastic enclosure and are available with both 2 and 3 prong input options. power supplies are also available as open frame for use inside of medical equipment. These AC to DC converters are designed in accordance with international medical standards and provide for compliance with certain aspects of them which differs from generic information and communication technology equipment power supplies.
Why is my medical grade IEC 60601-1 power supply certified to IEC 60601-1 3rd Edition while the latest standard is IEC 60601-1 4th Edition?
IEC 60601-1 has different sections in specifications for safety and EMI/EMC. The latest revision of the safety portion of IEC 60601-1 is 3rd Edition while for EMI/EMC the latest revision is 60601-1-2, 4th Ed.
What's the difference between an IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1 medical grade rated power supply?
IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1-2 power supplies are both AC to DC converters and may be either internal or external but are designed to different specifications to match the end system specifications. While the basic performance behaviors are similar such as input and output voltages and mechanical configurations, there are many differences as well. Some of the key differences are that medical IEC 60601 medical grade AC to DC adapters are able to withstand a higher dielectric withstand voltage and must have lower leakage current. There are many other differences and also considerations to consider depending on the end use application.
What MOOP and MOPP?
Medical devices must incorporate one or more Means of Protection (MOPs) to isolate patients and operators from the risks of electrocution. A Means of Protection (MOPs) can be safety insulation, a protective earth, a defined creepage distance, or an air gap or other protective impedance. These can be used in various combinations. IEC 60601-1 3rd edition differentiates between the risk to patients and the risk to operators. A MOP can therefore be classified as Means of Patient Protection (MOPP) or a Means of Operator Protection (MOOP). The main difference between one MOOP and one MOPP is primarily one of permissible creepage distance. Both requirements are satisfied using Basic insulation. To achieve 2 x MOPP qualification the isolation test is particularly demanding at 4000 Vac and the creepage distance of 8mm is twice that required for one MOPP.
What is a BF and CF rated an IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter and what is the difference?
Medical grade power supplies and AC to DC adapters are categorized into one of three applied parts types: body type (B), body floating type (BF), and cardiac floating type (CF). These applied parts require specific attributes such as isolation voltage, creepage and leakage current. Floating refers to an ungrounded power supply, Class II, that is not referenced to another output and is fully isolated. Type B refers to devices that operate within the patient's vicinity, as described in IEC 60601-1 as six feet around a patient's chair or bed and do not touch the patient electronically and are grounded. These devices include operating room lighting, hospital carts and beds, automated dispensers of medication and supplies, and diagnostic equipment like x-ray machines. Type BF devices deliver electrical energy signals to or from the patient such as electrosurgical devices, endoscopes, and electrical vital sign monitors like thermometers. Type CF devices are similar to BF, except they supply power to devices connected to the heart, such as a defibrillator, external pacemaker or intracardiac ECG electrodes and Type CF requires a higher degree of protection against electrical shock than BF types.
What is an open frame or internal AC-DC Power supply?
Open frame AC-DC power supplies are also known as AC-DC converters and are a type of internal power supply. The open frame AC to DC power supply is built into the inside of a system and used to convert the AC current into DC voltage.
What is a IEC 62368-1:2018 power supply?
IEC 62368-1:2018 is applicable to the safety of electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information and communication technology, and business and office machines with a rated voltage not exceeding 600 V. This is a product safety standard that classifies energy sources, prescribes safeguards against those energy sources, and provides guidance on the application of, and requirements for, those safeguards. The prescribed safeguards are intended to reduce the likelihood of pain, injury and, in the case of fire, property damage. An IEC 62368-1 rated AC to DC converter or power supply is a power supply that has been tested to and certified to comply with the said standard.
Did IEC 62368-1 power supplies replace IEC60950-1 power supplies?
On December 20, 2020 the safety standards that historically have applied to information technology equipment and audio video equipment, IEC 60065 and IEC 60950-1,transition to IEC 62368-1. In North America ETL and UL 60950-1 certifications will continue to stay valid and may continue to be used until further notice.
What is the difference between an IEC 62368-1 and a IEC 60950-1 power supply?
While the structure and contents of the standards are very different in general most products that previously complied with IEC 60950-1 comply with the latest standard IEC 62368-1 with little or no modification.
Will my IEC60950-1 power supply remain available?
GlobTek will continue to manufacture and supply IEC 60950-1 power supplies indefinitely until further notice.
How Does an AC-DC Adapter Work?
The AC to DC adapter or external power supply consists of a power supply which is enclosed in a housing similar to an AC plug, hence the term plug type, wall plug in, plug-in or plugtop power adapter. The power supply is plugged into the mains socket and the AC Voltage is then converted by the AC to DC adapter power supply into a DC voltage that is fed into the appliance via the output cable connection.